Insurance: Coverage and Options
Rates: Prices, Rate Types, Makes and Models
Cancellations, No-Show, Rental Extensions and Overdue Returns
Office Hours and Off-Hour Service
Pick-up & Drop-off at Santiago Airport
Pick-up & Drop-off at Puerto Montt Airport
One way rentals
Automatic Tolls in Santiago (TAG)
Tolls Out of Santiago
Charges for Parking
Fines for Traffic or Parking Violations
Note: CLP = Chilean pesos
• Unlimited mileage
• Insurance covering collision damage, theft and third party liability, with deductible – See available options and conditions
• Additional driver at no extra charge
• Emergency roadside assistance 24×7 with emergency towing coverage up to CLP 200,000 (about 200 kms on highway)
• Tolls for use of urban expressways within Santiago up to a maximum of CLP 2,000 per day
• Minimum age for all drivers: 23. Drivers from 20 to 22 years of age are accepted, in which case the insurance deductible is doubled. Drivers under 23 years of age are not accepted for travel to Argentina.
• A valid driver’s license and passport for each driver. (An international permit is not necessary to drive in Chile)
• A major credit card in the name of the renter (MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club or American Express) At the time of vehicle pick-up, the credit card must have an available balance equivalent to the amount of the rental plus CLP 350,000** as a guarantee* and must be valid a minimum of 3 months after the rental termination date.
• Payment is due before the start of the rental. To facilitate the rental process, the guarantee and rental value will be retained up to 72 hours before the pick-up date.
*The guarantee is a retention on the credit card during the term of the rental contract (it is not a charge). The retention is released when the rental contract is closed in our office. Please keep in mind that the liberation of the guarantee can take from several days up to a month when the credit card is of foreign origin. The time it takes to complete this process depends on the issuing bank and the credit card processing company. If the retention is not liberated within a month, please contact your bank first. If the problem persists, you can contact our customer service department an we will do what we can to speed the process up.
**If authorization for travel to Argentina is requested, the required guarantee increases to CLP 1,400,000.
CDW: Partial Collision Damage Waiver – Included
This insurance covers collision damage and theft with the following deductibles: CLP 350,000 per event for collision damage in Chile, CLP 700,000 in case of theft or rollover, CLP 1,400,000 in case of collision damage or theft in Argentina. Hit and run, windshields, tires, accessories, radios, lost or damaged ignition keys, loss of vehicle documents are NOT covered by CDW.
DAT: Third Party Liability – Included
This insurance covers third party liability and civil responsibility up to CLP 13,250,000 within Chile.
Emergency Roadside Assistance – Included
The insurance provides emergency assistance in case of accident or mechanical problems 24 hours a day throughout Chile and free emergency towing service in Chile up to a maximum of CLP 200,000 (about 200 kms on highway) and Argentina up to a maximum of 200 kilometers.
EDD: Waiver of Deductible for Collision – Optional
Additional coverage that waives the renter the responsibility of paying the deductible of CDW in case of collision against a vehicle in circulation. This waiver does not cover theft, collision against parked vehicles, rollover without collision, hit and run, windshields, tires, accessories and radios. Information about the third party involved in the accident will be required. EDD is valid only in Chile.
SLP: Supplementary Liability Protection – Optional
Optional coverage that increases third party liability limit from the standard CLP 13,250,000 million to CLP 26,500,000. SLP is valid only in Chile.
CSP: Super Protection Coverage – Optional
Waives 100% (no deductible) of the costs in the following cases:
• Damage to the exterior of the rental vehicle or mechanical components including bodywork, roof, undercarriage, windscreen, windows, mirrors, locks, lights, tires, wheels, hubcaps, motor, clutch, battery
• Emergency towing service in case of accident or breakdown (within the area from La Serena to Puerto Montt)
• Charges for theft of the vehicle
• Charges for loss of use
• Administrative charges related to the above
• Must be contracted prior to vehicle pick-up.
• This coverage is valid only in Chile.
• Does not cover drivers less than 23 years of age.
• Insurance exclusions enumerated below apply, except where indicated.
Insurance coverage will not apply in the following events or circumstances:
• The driver is not in possession of a valid driver’s license.
• The driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs that produce disinhibitory or hallucinogenic effects or drowsiness. Under Chilean law a person is under the influence of alcohol if the concentration of alcohol is equal to or greater than 0.3 grams of alcohol per 1000 grams of blood at the time of the accident.
• The driver flees from the scene of the accident.
• The person driving has not been expressly authorized in the Rental Contract to drive the rental vehicle.
• Damage to the vehicle caused as a result of misuse, abuse or negligence.
• Damage caused by overloading the vehicle.
• Damage caused by the use of incorrect fuel.
• Damage or loss of optional equipment (infant seats, GPS, Mobile Wifi, etc.)
• Damage or loss of the vehicle’s radio.
• Damage or loss of personal effects of the renter or passengers.
• Damage to parts or pieces in the undercarriage of the vehicle. (Not applicable when Super Protection Coverage is contracted)
• Damage to tires, wheels, hubcaps, windows, windshields or accessories unless caused as a result of an accident causing compensable damage to the rest of the vehicle. (Not applicable when Super Protection Coverage is contracted)
• Damage caused by driving in water or on roads in poor condition or unfit for vehicular traffic, or when weather conditions do not permit safe transit.
• Damage to the interior of the vehicle, cigarette burns, carpet or upholstery stains.
• Loss or damage of ignition keys.
• Loss of vehicle documents or license plates.
• Damage to the vehicle or third-parties as a result of the commission of a crime, use in competition (bets, challenges, races or contests) or damage caused by deliberate malicious acts committed by the driver or his passengers with the intention of causing such damage.
• Failure to follow proper accident reporting procedures as informed at the time of vehicle pick up.
RATES – PRICES
Prices are subject to change without prior notice unless confirmed by a written reservation. All prices are in Chilean pesos (CLP). Any dollar amounts are approximate and will vary according to the rate of exchange at the time of payment.
The rental rates assigned to each reservation or rental contract are calculated according to the length of the rental. In general, longer rental periods have lower daily rates. Therefore, when vehicles are returned before the original drop-off date, rental charges are re-calculated using the rental rate corresponding to the new rental period, which may result in a daily rate that is higher than the original daily rate. In any case, the total rental charge will never be higher than the original total when a vehicle is returned ahead of time.
Daily Rate: 24 hours from the pickup time.
Week-end Rate: pickup on Friday anytime during office hours and return the following Monday at the same time as pickup (3 full days). Pick-up and return in our Bellavista office exclusively.
Weekly Rate: applied to rentals of 7 or more days.
VEHICLE MAKES AND MODELS
The indicated makes and models are subject to availability at the time of pickup. Therefore, our company reserves the right to make substitutions for vehicles of similar characteristics without prior notice.
Payment is due before the start of the rental. To facilitate the rental process, the guarantee and rental value will be retained up to 72 hours before the pick-up date.
Debit cards are not accepted for guarantee, but may be used to pay for the rental.
To cancel a reservation, we require our customers to advise us at least 72 hours in advance of scheduled pickup. For cancellations without prior notice (“No-Show”), we will charge one day of rental at the daily rate plus CLP 10,000 if the vehicle was taken to the airport, in addition to OFF-HOUR charges, if applicable. Payments for permits and insurance to travel to Argentina are not refundable.
Customers who do not show up at the scheduled date and time of reservation, will be considered “No-Show” and the reservation will be cancelled. As a courtesy, we will hold a vehicle for 1 hour after the original reservation pickup time, unless there is a wait list for the vehicle.
Any changes in date or time of return must be communicated at least 24 hours in advance. Rental extensions must be authorized at least 72 hours in advance. During high season, rental extension requests may be denied.
There is an additional charge for vehicles returned after the date and time specified in the contract. Every extra hour will be charged at 0.25 times the daily rate. Every extra day will be subject to a surcharge of 20% of the applicable daily rate.
Fuel is not included. Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel to avoid fuel charges.
Back to top
Additional drivers must be at least 23 years old and present a valid driver’s license and passport. Drivers from 20 to 22 years of age are accepted, in which case the insurance deductible is doubled. Drivers under 23 years of age are not accepted for travel to Argentina. Up to two additional drivers can be authorized.
Our normal office hours are:
|Location||Monday to Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|Santiago Airport SCL||24 hours||24 hours||24 hours|
|Puerto Montt Airport||07:30-0:00||08:00-19:00||08:00-19:00|
|Pickup and drop-off can be arranged at any time outside our office hours, subject to additional charge as stated in our OFF-HOUR PICK-UP or DROP-OFF policy below.|
Office hours during special dates and holidays are:
|September 18||24 hours||Closed||Closed||08:00-19:00|
|September 19||24 hours||Closed||Closed||08:00-19:00|
|Otros feriados||24 hours||08:00-19:00||08:00-19:00||08:00-19:00|
|*On dates marked with asterisks off-hour pick-up or drop-off is not possible.|
OFF-HOUR PICK-UP or DROP-OFF
You can pick up or return your vehicle at anytime day or night only in our Santiago Airport SCL and Puerto Montt Airport locations. At the Puerto Montt airport there is an off-hour charge of CLP 17,900 tax included. Off-hour services must be arranged at least 24 hours in advance.
Pick-up and Drop-off at the Santiago Airport
There is a charge for pick-up and/or drop-off at the Santiago airport:
• 5% of total rental: Citycar, Citycar Plus, Compact, Economy, Medium Elite MT, Medium Elite AT and Crossover MT categories
• 3% of total rental: all other categories
Our counter is located in the Rent-A-Car area next to door number 2 in the arrival level (1st floor).
Returns at Santiago Airport take place at the official Rent a Car parking lot, as shown in this map.
Pick-up and Drop-off at the Puerto Montt Airport
SHUTTLE BUS TO RENT-A-CAR TERMINAL
Our office is located in a Rent-A-Car Terminal just outside the Puerto Montt airport. There is a free shuttle bus service to and from the Rent-A-Car Terminal. Transit time is less than three minutes.
Our agent will meet you at your arrival at the exit from baggage claim and accompany you to the shuttle bus. Please note that our company is based in the Rent-A-Car Terminal and, therefore, does not have an office inside the airport itself.
Vehicles should be returned at the Rent-A-Car Terminal. The shuttle bus will take you to the airport.
There is no charge for pick-up or drop-off at the Puerto Montt airport during office hours. Outside office hours there is a charge of CLP 17,900 tax included.
One Way Rentals
It is possible to return cars to a different office than the originating office, subject to the charges specified in the table below (amounts are Chilean pesos and include sales tax):
|Pick-up/Drop-off||Santiago Airport||Santiago Bellavista||Santiago Downtown||Puerto Montt|
Some of our vehicles** can be authorized to travel to Argentina with the purchase of a special permit and additional insurance. You must specify that you wish to travel to Argentina at least one week in advance of your pick-up date. It is NOT possible to travel to Peru or Bolivia in our vehicles.
The cost of the permits and insurance for travel to Argentina are as follows:
• Permit and insurance for 25 days – CLP 159,900
• Permit and insurance for 55 days – CLP 199,900
The authorization for travel to Argentina is for the duration of the rental contract and cannot be extended. The renter is fully responsible for returning the rental vehicle to Chile on or before the expiration of the rental contract. The vehicle must be returned to Chile by the same person that was authorized to take it to Argentina. In case of mechanical problems or accident, the authorized renter must accompany the vehicle to the border to formalize its re-entry to Chile with the customs authorities.
To process the documentation, we require copies of the passports and driver’s licenses of each driver, the dates during which the vehicle will be in Argentina and the number of passengers that will be in the vehicle. We must receive this information at least one week before the start of the rental.
While in Argentina, the auto insurance covers theft of the rental vehicle as well as material damage caused by collision, roll-over, fire, lightning or explosion, subject to a deductible of CLP 1,400,000 (Chilean Pesos). The third-party liability insurance for Argentina covers damage to persons up to US$40,000 per person with a maximum of US$200,000 per event, and damage to objects up to US$20,000 per object with a maximum of US40,000 per event.
Payments for permits and insurance to travel to Argentina are not refundable.
**Vehicles in the categories Compact, Economy, Midsize Elite, Fullsize Elite, SUV Elite, City Van, Minivan, Minibus, Pickup D/C and Diesel Cargo Van. If authorization for travel to Argentina is requested, the required guarantee increases to CLP 1,400,000.
Our vehicles have 24 hour road assistance in Chile, including emergency towing coverage up to CLP 200,000 (about 200 kms on highway). To request assistance you must call the telephone number specified in the Rental Contract.
Automatic Tolls in Santiago (TAG)*
Santiago has a network of paid urban expressways which have an automatic toll system (TAG or Televia). Our prices include the use of the Santiago expressways up to a maximum of CLP 2,000 per day**. Tolls in excess of the daily limit multiplied by the number of rental days are for the renter’s account and will be billed separately. Such charges may be made well after the end date of the rental due to the delay in our reception of toll invoices.
*Santiago expressways: Vespucio Sur, Costanera Norte, Acceso Vial AMB, Autopista Central Urbana, Autopista Vespucio Norte Express y Túnel San Cristóbal.
**This policy does not apply to insurance replacement rentals.
Tolls Out of Santiago
Tolls for use of expressways, roads, bridges or tunnels out of Santiago are not included in our prices. Charges for these concepts that are imputed to the rental vehicle’s TAG account are the renter’s responsibility and will be billed separately. Such charges may be made well after the end date of the rental due to the delay in our reception of toll invoices.
Fees for use of parking facilities are not included in our prices. Charges for parking that are imputed to the rental vehicle’s TAG are entirely for the renter’s account and will be billed separately. Such charges may be made well after the end date of the rental due to the delay in our reception of parking invoices.
GPS units are available as an optional service subject to additional charge. The units are of the Garmin brand and the maps of Chile are provided by Garmin Chile. The maps of Argentina, from Proyecto Mapear, are provided as a courtesy at no charge. Our company cannot be held responsible for any damage, either direct or indirect, that could be attributed to malfunctioning GPS units or the accuracy of the installed maps. The renter is responsible for corroborating the direction of traffic and road conditions on-site. Eventual problems with the GPS units and/or maps will in no way exempt the renter from his/her contractual responsibilities as set forth in the motor vehicle rental contract.
Fines for Traffic or Parking Violations
Fines for traffic or parking violations that occur during the rental term are the renter’s responsibility and will be billed separately in addition to an administration fee for each fine. Such charges may be made well after the end date of the rental due to the delay in our reception of judicial notifications.